As a new version of the software is released, your Antivirus can issue a false positive and block its download, its set-up or its launch on the computer. It might then be required to disable temporarily your Antivirus during the time you use the software.
Generally, all antivirus can be disabled via the settings in their control panel, but experiences are different according to your Antivirus provider and the method to disable it is not always intuitive. You’ll find below how to disable an antivirus for the most common providers.
DISABLE AVAST – FREE VERSION
- Click the small triangle on your Windows taskbar to open the notification area. Right-click the Avast Antivirus icon for a list of options related to the security suite.
- Click Avast shields control. You can select the option depending on how long you wish to disable Avast Antivirus.
- After selecting the option, you will be prompted to confirm the operation. Click Yes to make a confirmation.
DISABLE AVAST – PRO VERSION
- In the task bar, on the left panel of your screen, click on « Protection ».
- Select « Shields control »
- Disable the « File » shield and select for how long you want to disable it. You will be able to disable it for 10 minutes, 1 hour or until the next reboot of your computer. puis une durée.
DISABLE WINDOWS DEFENDEUR
Open Windows Defender Security Center, then select Virus & threat protection > Threat settings.
Turn off Real-time protection.
Note: Scheduled scans will continue to run. However, files that are downloaded or installed will not be scanned.
This post is also available in: French